Position Summary...What you'll do...
This position, Software Engineer III
, will be on the Walmart Labs Supply Chain Merchandise Movement team, focused on building Walmart's best in class Supply Chain!You'll really wow us if...
You'll make an impact by...
- You have experience leading a small technical team
- You come to the table with comprehensive knowledge of Java, React, and TypeScript (5 years of experience)
- You love to learn new tech and find applications to solve current or future problems
- You can effectively communicate to your technical team, stakeholders, and leadership
- You have exposure to Supply Chain systems with awareness of Supply Chain trends
- You have proven success in delivering scalable loosely coupled cloud applications
Preferred Qualifications for the Role:
- Translating requirements into technical tasks
- Challenging the status quo to enable delivering value even sooner to our customers
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to deliver the right solution
- Encouraging best practices across our organization to enable other teams to succeed or accelerate their delivery
About The Team
- Capability to develop small MVP projects in a variety of languages
- Ability to deliver in Agile method (KANBAN or SCRUM)
- Experience developing and consuming ReST APIs
- Experience developing web based applications
- Experience developing containerized cloud applications
- Experience working with RDBMS (Informix, SQL Server)
- Experience working in a large micro service environment
Working on Supply Chain Merchandise Movement at Walmart Labs, you will...
Benefits & Perks
- Work with small teams of talented engineers to build a best-in-class Supply Chain systems
- Solve difficult business problems using the latest and greatest technology innovating the future of Supply Chain at Walmart
- Be given the freedom to try new things and prove the value of your own ideas and innovations and own them all the way to production
- Develop new capabilities, participate in designing solutions, and expand your Supply Chain knowledge
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America