Position Summary...What you'll do...
The Technology Reliability Engineering team is an operational engineering development team for Point-of-Sale's (POS) legacy and next-generation Cloud Powered Checkout (CPC) services. Our objectives are to increase quality of all products and maintain the test environments across the Legacy POS and CPC space, design and develop tools to assist product teams in maintaining a fully automated DEVOPS pipeline, evolve and maintain the automation and performance testing frameworks to increase velocity to production, and assist legacy POS and CPC development teams with test data, media and any other environmental needs.
Engineers have the following expectations/roles:
- Manage hardware and software configurations of all POS test environments.
- Manage test media and data needs for all product team's testing.
- Develop and maintain the DEVOPS automation testing strategy for the POS area
- Develop and maintain the DEVOPS performance testing strategy for the POS area
- Implement coding changes within a wide variety of services using a diverse technology stack, including Java, Spring Framework, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise with newer technology paradigms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA), multitenant architecture, etc.
- Evaluation and integration of testing tools for the DEVOPS pipeline
- Collaborate with and assist legacy POS & CPC development teams with test environment issues and defect resolution
- Research & Design of circuitry, hardware design, and robotics.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering and 5 years' experience in software/hardware engineering OR Master of Engineering
- 5+ years' experience with Java SE/EE programming language
- 1+ years' experience with Jenkins or Looper or Concord
- 1+ years' experience with Java Spring Framework
- 1+ years' experience with cloud-based technology and deployments (OneOps, Azure, etc.)
- 1+ years' experience with container-based deployments; Docker and Kubernetes
- 1+ years' experience with database management and support (Maria, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience in quality engineering designing and implementing automation or performance testing
- 2+ years' experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
- 1+ years' experience in hardware system design
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America