Position Summary...What you'll do...
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAbout Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption .About Emerging Tech Team
The Emerging Tech team is passionate about solving customer and associate problems with the newest technologies. The team is responsible for creating breakthrough capabilities, delivering frictionless experiences, and making these technologies easily available to thousands of Walmart developers and 2.2 million associates. The applications and services built on these capabilities are used by hundreds of millions of customers daily.About the Role
As a Lead Electrical Engineer for Walmart Emerging Tech, you will report directly to the Head of Hardware Engineering and work closely with a small team of engineers turning proof-of-concept projects into products that will transform the future of retail shopping.
You will work the machinery, manufacturing equipment and engineering community based in our Innovations Lab to create new technology-based retail experiences. You will be pioneering technologies and solutions that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping. Your designs will be developed iteratively through direct customer interactions. This is an individual contributor role centered in Bentonville, AR. We are looking regionally to fulfill this position . Frequent travel to Bentonville is expected.
If you are a motivated tinkerer and inventor, a Lead Electrical Engineer role with Walmart Emerging Technology could be the fit you've been looking for.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and will have significant opportunity to make an impact by prototyping next generation of digital customer experiences.
- Lead discovery phases to come up with high level designs, build initial prototypes, and partner with product management to forecast business and operational issues (impact, criticality, root cause
- Establish best practices for using our Innovations Lab facility with safety as a top priority
- Coordinate with UX and product teams to guide development through iteration
- Work with various business, product, operations and engineering stakeholders
- Collaborate with suppliers to evaluate hardware integration solutions and performance
- Develop innovation strategies, processes and best practices by leading with internal technical teams and partnering with cross functional teams; developing assessments of key opportunities, documenting, communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
Perks and Benefits
- 2+ years' experience electronics procurement, evaluation, or design
- 2+ years' experience with rapid prototyping
- 2+ years' experience with electronics modeling and design software
- Genuine interest in cutting-edge technologies and their application
- Experience designing customer-facing or digital retail products a HUGE plus
- Experience working in small teams/incubators
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in security systems, electronics, or related area OR 4 years' experience in security systems, electronics, or related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
2901 SE I STREET, STE TBD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America