Position Summary...What you'll do...Introduction
It's an exciting time to join our Walmart journey. Want to use design and coding skills to solve real-life large-scale problems impacting millions of lives?
We are seeking a Software Engineer 3 - Mobile/ReactNative
for a key position within Global Time and Attendance team. Global Time and Attendance platform plays key role in enabling associates to manage their time & attendance by providing convenient mobile & desktop experience.
We are embracing Open-Source technology using Swift, Kotlin, React-Native, React.js to build a front end, mobile experience and cloud native backend services using Java.In our team, you will work with talented engineers across our platforms including mobile engineers, backend service engineers, UX Designer and product managers to shape our road map for Global Time & Attendance platform with vision to build associate centric PaaS/SaaS offering.You'll sweep us off our feet if:
What you'll do
- You're a problem solver
- You're experienced with designing best in class user experience in mobile with offline first design
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large project simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll bring
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design, identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process. Minimum Qualifications...
- Over 3+ years of experience in building mobile & desktop user experiences
- Advanced knowledge of front-end design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong expertise in mobile development using react native
- Strong expertise in integrating analytics, Crashlytics and measuring CPU and battery utilizations for mobile application
- Good expertise in creating functional automation testing using Appium or other open source automation framework
- Strong expertise in ReactJS and Redux technologies
- Strong expertise in GraphQL
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Have a true passion about Technology. It's a must!
- Nice to have Backend experience either Java or nodeJs development
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America