Position Summary...What you'll do...
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business
needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The SAP Payroll Functional Lead is responsible for producing solution design, documentation, and successful delivery of Payroll (US and Canada) with expert attention to all architectural qualities for an effectively working Human Resource (HCM) system. The SAP Payroll Functional Lead must have extensive experience in configuring and custom development with excellent functional and technical skills. Should be able to work with the business to understand their needs and coach them on the appropriate solutions while at the same time; work with technical teams to drive them to an efficient technical solution design.
The SAP Payroll Functional Lead is responsible for producing solution design, documentation, and successful delivery of Payroll (US and Canada) with expert attention to all architectural qualities for an effectively working Human Resource (HCM) system. The SAP Payroll Functional Lead must have extensive experience in configuring and custom development with excellent functional and technical skills. Should be able to work with the business to understand their needs and consult with them on the appropriate solutions while at the same time; work with technical teams to drive them to an efficient technical solution design. Essential Functions:
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Work with the business users / process owners to identify their requirements, design enhancements and functionality to help meet user requirements.
- Organize and facilitate problem-solving discussions with the business, internal teams, and project managers to resolve issues requiring a focused approach to maintain project continuity and requirements.
- Experience in SCHEMA and PCRs
- Developing high quality, scalable, performance effective & customer centric solutions in SAP payroll for US and Canada
- Performs hands on configuration (customizing) work as needed to support new and existing functionality
- Function as resident team expert for all the SAP Payroll configuration issues (both support and new implementations)
- Prepare functional specifications and collaborate with ABAP developers to develop and test the significant new functionality and the enhancements
- Reviewing the unit test plans and the quality assurance plans to ensure all requirements have been met
- Provide oversight to various Projects and change requests to assess overall impact
- Experience in both Agile & Waterfall project methodology and tasks required during each phase of the implementation
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations identifying the possibilities in standard SAP product
- Assist in the technical preparation of Business Process Procedures, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation.
- Hands on experience in Payroll Control Center (PCC) configuration
- Hands on experience with HRSP upgrades and Yearend activities
- Experience in working in onshore and offshore blended deliver model
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America