Position Summary...What you'll do...
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
The Service Reliability Team (SRT) is an operational engineering development team for Point-of-Sale's next-generation Cloud Powered Checkout (CPC) services. Adhering to the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) philosophy, our objectives are to increase stability and maintain performance in the CPC environment, design and develop tools to assist support teams in maintaining these services in production, evolve and maintain monitoring/automation frameworks for proactive engagement by support teams, and assist CPC development teams with production issues and root cause analysis.
SRT Engineers have the following expectations/roles:
- Design and develop operational support tools for all levels of support teams
- Implement coding changes within a wide variety of services using a diverse technology stack, including Java, Spring Framework, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise with newer technology paradigms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA), multitenant architecture, etc.
- Support and maintain monitoring and automated alerting for CPC services in the cloud as well as the containerized instances of these services in all US based stores
- Collaborate with SRT colleagues stationed outside the US to provide 24x7 coverage
- Collaborate with and assist CPC development teams with production issue and defect resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years experience in software engineering or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience with Java SE/EE programming language
- 1 year experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
- 2 years' experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects.
- 1+ years' experience with Java Spring Framework
- 1+ years' experience with cloud based technology and deployments (OneOps, Azure, etc.)
- 1+ years' experience with container-based deployments; Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years' experience with database management and support (Maria, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
- 2+ years experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America