Position Summary...What you'll do...Senior Software Engineer - SAP Payroll
Are you passionate about developing cutting-edge technical solutions? Walmart is working on the largest SAP Payroll implementation in the industry.
The Senior Software Engineer position calls for a technical expertise which puts the end-user experience at the center. As a member of our organization, you'll be viewed as a subject matter expert who is capable of taking our competencies to the next level. Your work will help us define a best-in-class user experience while positioning Walmart as a cutting-edge company that puts innovation at the forefront. You will solve unique problems and utilize the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. You will be inspired working alongside best-in-class innovators. Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints.
Are you the right person to be a part of this highly visible and high impact opportunity? Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!Job Description:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leads and participates in medium to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
You will Sweep us off our feet if:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Work with the business users / process owners to identify their requirements, design enhancements and functionality to help meet user requirements.
- Organize and facilitate problem-solving discussions with the business, internal teams, and project managers to resolve issues requiring a focused approach to maintain project continuity and requirements.
- Developing high quality, scalable, performance effective & customer centric solutions in SAP payroll for supported population (US/Canada)
- Performs hands on configuration (customizing) work as needed to support new and existing functionality
- Function as resident team expert for all the SAP Payroll configuration issues (both support and new implementations)
- Provide oversight to various Projects and change requests to assess overall impact
- Experience in Agile project methodology and tasks required during each phase of Delivery
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations identifying the possibilities in standard SAP product
- Hands on experience in Payroll Control Center (PCC) configuration
- Hands on experience with HRSP upgrades and Yearend activities
- Experience in working in onshore and offshore blended deliver model
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 8 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 10 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field
The SAP Payroll Technical Resource is also responsible for producing solution design, documentation, and successful delivery of Payroll (US and Canada) with expert attention to all architectural qualities for an effectively working Human Resource (HCM) system. The SAP Payroll Functional Lead must have extensive experience in configuring and custom development with excellent functional and technical skills. Should be able to work with the business to understand their needs and consult with them on the appropriate solutions while at the same time; work with technical teams to drive them to an efficient technical solution design.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.About Walmart:
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America