What you'll do...
We're looking for thoughtful and practical engineers to help us build revolutionary services to transform the in-store, digital shopping experience for our customers and store associates. We are a small, close-knit team of detail-oriented engineers working on a platform of services that empowers teams to create digital in-store experiences. You'll help implement a wide variety of consumer-facing features experienced by millions of customers per day. We pride ourselves on quality code, communication, and speed.
Software engineering at Walmart
Walmart's Digital Store Experience team aims to revolutionize how customers engage product information across the store by creating a platform that drives digital in-store experiences
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You're a skilled communicator across diverse audiences
Your skills include:
• Solid understanding of Python, Node, TypeScript, and optionally Kotlin
• Interest in systems thinking
• Passion for writing simple, easy to understand code
• Interest in writing testable code and automated tests
• Disciplined approach to writing code, testing code, code review, documentation, and deploying code in a team environment
• Demonstrate creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
Our ideal candidate will have:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years' experience delivering software products
• Enjoys working with a team and is an effective communicator and collaborator
• Collaborating in sprint planning sessions
• Grooming issues for sprint planning
• Participate in regular demos
• Collaborating with teammates to refine and improve ways of working
You will sweep us of our feet if you have...
• Worked on a team to deliver large scale software platforms coordinated with multiple teams
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
2501 SE J STREET SUITE 6, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-7722, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link