What you'll do...
People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives. Coaches team members and provides feedback toenhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Has performance and career development conversations. Maintains team motivation andengagement. Mentors Associate Product Managers.Product Development Roadmap: Develops and manages the implementation of the product development roadmap for a low-to-moderately complexcategory based on knowledge of category strategy and input from category managers and team members in related functions (site merchandising,planning, marketing, etc.). Plans and coordinates technology developments e.g., site functionality enhancements, product/pricing tools anddashboards) and ensures technology forecasts are integrated into roadmap based on knowledge of short- and longer term needs of a low-to moderatelycomplex category. Reviews and updates roadmap as business needs change to maintain alignment to overall category strategy.Product Development Lifecycle: Manages and executes product development lifecycle (from concept to phasing-out technology products or features)across multiple sites within a low-to-moderately complex category, ensuring achievement of product development objectives and identifying andprioritizing tradeoffs across product development initiatives. Reviews product development lifecycle/process across multiple websites for a low-to moderatelycomplex category and develops contingency plans to manage risk or address identified challenges.Research and Analysis: Manages and reviews product research and analysis performed by Associate Product Managers for a low-to-moderatelycomplex category. Leverages research/analytical outcomes and knowledge of the category and external market (research and sales) to suggestenhancements to product development strategy or implement changes to the lifecycle process. Reviews market analysis and competitivebenchmarking to identify evolving trends in product development.Collaboration: Collaborates with cross-functional teams (category management, site merchandising, marketing, engineering) and external supplierteams to gather input on product requirements and execute the product development roadmap for a low-to-moderately complex category. Partnerswith suppliers to develop product and end-user requirements.Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability forand measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promotingcontinuous learning.Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; andensuring diversity awareness.Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byimplementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executingbusiness processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 1 year's experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 3 years'
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Merchandising, marketing, ecommerce, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field, Product Development
Masters: Computer Engineering
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link