Position Summary...What you'll do...Front-End Software Engineer (JAVA/React)
Do you love to create and improve systems, bridging the gap between the user and backend developers to provide the best user experience? If so, join ourSoftwareEngineering team!
If you are anengineerwho stays current on the latest tech, maps out app features and understands that every class, method and module have a single responsibility, this could be the place for you.
As a Walmart Front-End Software Engineer
, you'lllead through technical discovery, designand implementation of large-scale applications, products and platforms. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.Min Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software engineering or related field.You'll make an impact by...
You'll really wow us if...
- Working closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences.
- Developing software systems and solving complex problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Participating in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Building high quality code by conducting unit testing and enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects.
- Ensuring on-time delivery and communicate status utilizing strong interpersonal skills with team members and stakeholders.
- You have experience building a responsive, cross-browser compatible and high-performance web application.
- You have prove ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling, RxJS, observables, and Redux.
- You're familiar with CI/CD, unit testing, automated frontend testing.
- You have experience with Azure Cloud Stack, GCP or other cloud stacks.
- You have extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture.
- You can write functional tests using tools such as Nightwatch.js and Test Armada
- You have strong creative, collaboration and communication skills.
- You use your knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures,algorithms,and patterns) tocreate an outstanding user experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Hiring across: Associate Tech, Fulfilment, Ops Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain & Transformation, Global Marketplace, Transportation, Data Science, Replenishment, Computer Vision & AI, Merchandising, Item & Inventory, WECAbout Global Tech
From entry-level to executive positions, Walmart provides limitless opportunities for growth, and career development.
Walmart started small, with a single discount store and the simple philosophy of selling more for less. Today, we are a growing technology-enabled company founded on the same values as our first store. We establish clear expectations, empower associates to manage their work, and hold ourselves and one another to a high standard.
Walmart's scale enables us to have an. No other company has the reach of Walmart, with 2.3 million associates worldwide and over 230 million weekly customers.
Walmart is reshaping retail by investing in an expanding workforce. While technology is at the heart of our digital transformation, people are the reason we succeed and the force behind our innovations. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow.Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Our U.S. hubs are: Atlanta, GA; Bentonville AR; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA.Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
#EpicHumanImpact Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science Primary Location...
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America