What you'll do...
Senior Hana Database Adminstrator to Support SAP and Non SAP Application.
• This role guides long-term strategy for the company's SAP database, and maintain the ongoing reliability, performance, management and support of the SAP systems
• Works independently and receives minimal guidance
• Solves sophisticated problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
• Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results
• Provides technical support and leadership on SAP HANA systems including establishing standards, collecting requirements, evaluating efficiencies, managing improvements, implementing solutions, performance monitoring, systems configuration, design, and execution
• Designs and develops SAP HANA architecture requirements and specifications
• Configures, documents, tests, delivers and maintains enterprise scale IT Infrastructures for SAP S/4 Hana (Scope includes work among SAP and non-SAP Systems and Applications)
• Supervises, maintains, documents processes/resolutions to issues, predict SAP Applications performance to meet established service levels, and schedule/complete the SAP system housekeeping and monitoring
• Solves problems, repairs and recovers in system failure situations
• Supervises and manages all security certificates and licenses for SAP HANA
• Implements and tests SAP HANA Database patches and upgrades
• Performs SAP system refresh and related configuration as needed
• Introduces technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance of each SAP HANA Database
• Establishes maintenance plans for each SAP HANA Database, to include backups and recovery
• Maintains the existing SAP Landscape diagrams and document all database processes
• Optimizes SAP application and database performance to ensure a high-level of performance
• Ensures that all actions follow established internal controls and processes
• Develops, implements, and maintains disaster recovery plans in compliance with the departmental and organizational Requirements
• Automates/simplifies HANA delivery process for quick and consistent results in keeping with project timeline requirements
• Maintains strict confidentiality and security of critical data
• Cross-trains team members to perform operational tasks and create process and procedure documentation
• Install, configure and maintain Hana databases running a variety of products ranging from SAP applications to native Hana analytics systems
• Understand the basics of Hana architecture and operations
• Coordinate configuration and maintenance with several other technical teams at Walmart to minimize business impact
• Work with automation scripts pushed via Ansible to the technical environments to provide standardization
• Troubleshoot performance issues by recognizing inefficient SQL queries and provide feedback to developers on performance optimizations
• Develop, with Hana modeling tools, custom reports or features for use by other technical teams
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 6 years of Experience as HANA DBA supporting SAP and Non SAP Applications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 4 years' experience in years as HANA DBA supporting SAP and Non SAP Applications.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America
Employer Job Listing Link