Mainstream Technologies is a provider of Managed Information Technology Services for businesses located primarily in Arkansas. Our clients outsource their IT needs to us allowing them to focus on their core business. The Service Engineer works with our clients to provide IT support for servers, end users, and network infrastructure.
MTI is looking for an Information Technology professional with the ability to use critical thinking to solve problems. This person will be responsible for working with various Mainstream clients for support, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues. Much of the daily work is handled remotely from Mainstream’s offices to the client. As part of the job role, the employee may be responsible for carrying a 24×7 on call support phone one week per month. The successful candidate will display professionalism and have excellent communications and interpersonal skills both internally as well as with our clients.
Areas of responsibility
- Working trouble tickets and alert tickets to find cause and resolution.
- Meet Service Level Agreements.
- Keeping client documentation up to date and accurate.
- Proactively identifying solutions and projects to enhance the client environment.
- Building client relationships and trust
- Participate in monthly client maintenance programs
- Lead engineer role for specific subset of clients.
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Server setup, configuration and administration
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, IIS
- Experience with Virtualization and high availability
- Experience with Server and workstation hardware
- Knowledge of LAN technologies including switching, VLANs, WiFi, routing
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Good Understanding of Backup fundamentals and concepts
- Familiarity with WAN technologies and connectivity including firewalls
- Be self-motivated to excel
- Be adaptable and demonstrate a willingness to assist in any situation
- Have excellent written, phone, and verbal communication skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and confidently with clients
- Have excellent documentation skills
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Be detail oriented
- Be a curious and a continual learner
- Pass federal background check
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually
- Comp Time
- Relaxed dress code when working remotely from MTI offices
- 401k with match
- Paid sick time