Our company is seeking to fill a Call Center Manager II position located in Little Rock, Arkansas. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day operations of the call center, and will plan, direct, and organize the activities of the Customer Service Teams to maintain appropriate levels of customer service and operational efficiencies. Candidates should have extensive call center management experience along with in depth project management and a proven leadership track record.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees one or more teams of customer service associates who handle customer service inquiries and problems via phone and/or email.
- Monitors operations to ensure adherence to service level standards and company/department policies and procedures.
- Ensures professional and courteous customer support services are delivered to promote a productive and positive relationship with customers.
- Ensures adequate phone coverage including making decisions regarding scheduling changes.
- Acts as an escalation point for resolving the most difficult customer issues.
- Evaluates the quality of customer service associates’ calls from customers; provides feedback to reps on strengths and areas for improvement.
- Communicates with clients, vendors and other departments to ensure quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as an escalation point for resolving the most difficult customer issues.
- Responsible for performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, hiring/interviewing, promotions and salary changes.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to contact center supervisors and team leads and occasionally to customer service representatives.
- Approves and implements streamlining opportunities and process improvements.
- Coordinates customer service activities with other internal functions.
- Tracks and reports contact center performance against objectives and goals, i.e., quality, call volume, customer satisfaction, etc.
- May serve as a backup to more senior customer service management in their absence.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience is preferable.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of customer inquiries
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and customer-driven, focusing on providing the highest quality products and services to FIS internal and external customers
- Ability to lead and manage large teams effectively
- Working knowledge of workforce management practices and tools, e.g., scheduling software, quality monitoring software
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated analytic and root cause analysis skills for process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates effective people skills and sensitivities when dealing with others
- General skill in the use of MS Office and other standard software applications required to perform the job duties
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Call Center 24x7 environments
- Some flexibility of hours is required
Middle level management role. Works under general direction of middle or senior level customer service management. Typically manages six to ten teams of Customer Service Associates. Manages and mentors lower level managers, supervisors, team leads and/or customer service staff. Serves as a project leader and/or subject matter expert, and provides input into strategic direction. Typically requires a minimum of seven years’ experience in a call center or customer service-related position in a service industry and five or more years’ management or supervisory experience.