- Coordinates system changes with Customers and other system areas
- Coordinates system support and performance
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures technology roadmaps are incorporated into data and database designs
- Leads team tasks
- Leads the development of database solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability and scalability consistent with Customer needs
- Mentors and develops Associates
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years OR 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 7 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year application tuning experience.
- 2 years experience handling advanced database installations and troubleshooting.
- 2 years experience supporting two or more database management systems.
- 5 years experience in design, implementation, and support of solutions in Informix. .
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.