IT services at the University of Arkansas is currently seeking candidates for the position of Help Desk Technician. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing assistance and support related to campus technologies, including but not limited to computer systems, hardware, software, and mobile devices. This position responds to requests, runs diagnostics, actively troubleshoots, isolates problem(s), and determines and implements solution. If beyond scope, recognizes when to escalate to next tier of support.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Provide primary technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
* Respond to requests either in person, over the phone, via email or chat
* Write training manuals, document knowledge
* Train others
* Respond to email messages for users seeking help
* Ask questions to determine nature of problem
* Walk user through problem-solving process
* Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software as needed
* Clean up technology as needed
* Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved as appropriate
* Gain feedback from users about computer usage
* Run reports as requested to ensure continuous improvement
This position will work evening hours and variable days to include weekends.
A complete position announcement may be viewed at the University Human Resources' job portal: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/25972