Job Description Summary:
J.B. Hunt is hiring a UX Designer to join our team in Lowell, AR. At J.B. Hunt, our designers build digital solutions through research, ideation, concepts, interaction design, and visual design. You’ll utilize user-centered design principles to create high-quality digital experiences across web, mobile, and desktop platforms. Our UX Designer will join a passionate, creative group, and have an opportunity to hone and build skills while contributing to internal and client projects across a wide range of verticals.
At J.B. Hunt, we work hard… but we also like to have fun! We are looking for fun and passionate people to join our team and contribute to our growing company!
- Translate concepts into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences following enterprise digital design standards.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- May include: researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Take a user-centric design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Present designs and speak eloquently so that information is easy to digest and understand by stakeholders.
- Work and collaborate with other designers & cross-functional teams to create unique interactive solutions.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years experience in Visual Design, UX or related field OR 6 years of experience in Visual Design, User Experience or related field.
- A portfolio of work clearly displaying your expertise.
- High visual design sense – master of typography, layout, color theory, and iconography.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and swift changes in focus throughout the day.
- A desire to learn and grow with a teachable spirit.
- Experience in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Usability Hub, Invision, Loop 11, and Sketch.
- Ability to create original design concepts.
- Strong knowledge of motion design, and how it applies to interaction design.
- Strong ability to market and promote digital products and features.
Position reports to the Manager of User Experience & Design.