To provide technology integration coaching and support and desktop assistance to teachers, staff, and students.
- Serve as on-site support for teachers
- Provides user support for desktop and LAN-based applications
- Provide instructional technology coaching to teachers, by planning and developing programs.
- Demonstrate how to use technology as a teaching tool in a variety of curricular areas.
- Work with teachers to design engaging lessons that incorporate technology.
- Provide on-going information assistance to faculty in the use of computers, classroom technology equipment, and software packages utilized in classroom setting.
- Provide excellent customer service and user support for desktop and LAN-based applications.
- Assist with equipment setup, configuration, and installation as needed.
- Break/fix activities, in support of various computer devices used internally at the school.
- Monitor performance of teachers to ensure they are gaining new technology skills.
- Attend Board and PTO meetings in current and surrounding districts.
- Evaluate and research new technologies on on-going basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in education; master’s preferred
- Two years of experience integrating technology into a classroom
- K-8 teach experience preferred.
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills
- Evidence of technology integration lesson plans will be required
- Proficiency in educational hardware and software
- Strong curriculum design and planning skills
- Strong belief that technology can be used to enhance the learning experience in the classroom
- Proven track record of early adoption of technology in the classroom
A+ certification required within six months of employment; alternatives may include entry-level workstation certifications from Microsoft (MCSA) or Apple workstation certification (ACSP); choice of pursuing MCSA or ACSP must be approved by hiring manager and be relevant to school location.
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- 12 months, Monday-Friday
- Varies with client hours; normally one hour prior to start of school day until one hour after end of school day