The Healthcare Financial Analyst II, under the general direction of the Director of Business Intelligence, is responsible for providing sound, high level, financial and statistical analyses to support the decision-making needs of enterprise leadership. The team member, independently and within cross-functional teams, will provide analysis and projections for unique and new opportunities, detect improvement opportunities in existing operations, and support analysis, improvement, and creation of management information metrics, reports, and dashboards as applicable to hospital and clinic revenue cycle operations. The Healthcare Financial Analyst II will also be a subject-matter expert responsible for examining, optimizing, and supporting the hospital and clinic revenue cycle functions for the Business Intelligence department. Ideal candidate is expected to have a firm understanding of ADT front-end processes, coding terminology, hospital and clinic revenue cycle, provider based billing, claims management, denials management, and general hospital and clinic business office procedures.
- Performs analysis of existing service lines, claims, denials, and charge master as requested in order to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Performs analysis and generates accurate projections of potential new service lines and business interests.
- Assists, Advises, and provides Data to Revenue Cycle, Revenue Integrity, and Accounting departments.
- Analyses, Reports, and Advises on financial impacts that stem from regulatory and operational changes in the hospital, clinic, and healthcare industry as a whole.
- Actively maintains and shares knowledge of changing healthcare regulations and changes as applicable to the hospital and clinic financial operations.
- Assists in Contract Modeling.
- Conducts financial, statistical and business analysis, business and financial forecasting, and financial spreadsheet modeling, using large data sets and a broad range of tools and technologies.
- Develops and Maintains reports, data extracts, dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis requests for various internal and external organizational stakeholders.
- Researches, Develops, Optimizes, and Maintains metrics that monitor enterprise financial and operational performance.
- Assists in the creation and validation of high level strategic financial decision models and ad-hoc analyses for key organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Serves as a key business partner working directly with business leaders and cross-functional teams, presenting results of ad hoc business and statistical analysis and recommendations to senior management for optimal decision making.
- Works closely with managers and directors on revenue cycle, accounting, budget, and other financial issues.
- Provides analysis to support system-wide process improvement initiatives.
- Serves as resource to the Business Intelligence department in subjects, concepts, and methods pertaining to hospital and clinic revenue cycle operations.
- Manages assigned Business Intelligence projects.
- Assists and Trains other departments, organizational members, and organizational groups in performing financial analysis functions and projections.
- Identifies and implements best practices to improve performance and efficiency
- Responsible for documentation of work and projects to preserve enterprise knowledge
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: BA/BS degree from accredited university. Prefer BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Information Systems and/or related field.
- Experience: 3+ years of progressive professional healthcare finance and revenue cycle experience; 2+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role or experience in analytics, business analysis, or comparable consumer analytics solution; 2+ years of working knowledge of SQL (specifically with one or more of the following platforms: MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, or Similar Relational T-SQL Platform); 1+ years of working knowledge of healthcare coding terminology (HCPCS, CPT, ICD9, ICD-10 CM/PCS, and Applicate Modifiers / Components);