Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.3 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company comprises of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative, data & technical expert for an entry to mid level Data Science role. This role reports into the Manager of Advanced Analytics and Strategic Testing who leads a team of highly motivated Statistical Data Analysts and Data Scientists. This role provides experience and training that can ultimately lead to promotion to Data Scientist. This is a great opportunity to work with a truly exceptional team in this exciting and ever growing field to shape and create the best shopping and brand experience for Dillard’s customers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations areas to analyze current business trends, problems, and strategies to help provide actionable insights for the business including but not limited to visualizations, predictive/statistical models and business process supportive machine learning processes
- Identify and source data needed to build analytic datasets in support of analysis and modeling activities
- Utilize Machine Learning to detect trends and develop models that will deliver direct business solutions
- Define metrics that will be used to measure and understand existing and new business processes
- Work directly with multiple levels of management to present results and recommendations based on analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Management Information Systems, Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, or related field of study
- 2-5 years of experience working with analytic software (e.g., SPSS Modeler, Teradata Warehouse Miner, R, Python) and performing data modeling, data mining, and exploratory data analysis (e.g., linear/logistic regression, ARIMA, Cluster Analysis) - applicable master level coursework and degree can be considered for up to 1 year of experience requirement.
- Strong personal drive and motivation; entrepreneurial and excellent at time management.
- General to advanced SQL knowledge.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced Agile work environment.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, statistical data analysts, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and lead change
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree or higher in Management Information Systems, Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, or related field of study
- Advanced SQL
- Strong command of statistical scripting/programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Tableau experience
- Cognos experience
- Strong understanding of Retail Business processes and Digital Marketing
- Experience presenting to small and large groups of people