Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.3 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company comprises of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's.
Store Systems Team is responsible for delivering software to solve the business needs of the retail environment. They develop and maintain applications for specific retail hardware such as Point-of-Sale terminals, printers, mobile hand-held scanners, signature pads, as well as workstations and servers. Quality Assurance Analysts are responsible for testing all aspects of the software along with deployments, researching problems and support of code changes. The individual will work with a team of Quality Assurance Analysts and report directly to the development manager, but be under the supervision of a team lead/mentor.
Evaluates and tests new or modified software applications to verify they function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and software development procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently. Creativity, openness to ideas, willingness to take on any task or role, and a constant view of the big picture are just some components of the quality assurance mind-set. Good testers have an instinct and understanding for where and how software might fail, and how to track down failures.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in full life cycle development from the requirements gathering and analysis phase through deployment.
- Work collaboratively with developers, analysts, and other testers to drive testing activities across the development life cycle.
- Use strategic thinking when creating a testing strategy/plan and developing tests.
- Hands-on tester with an aptitude for functional testing across the application. Includes manual, automated, and exploratory testing.
- Use scripting to create automated tests with an implementation language and performance/load tests.
- Create/maintain test data for all types of testing.
- Prioritize, maintain, and refactor tests.
- Triage failures, identify root-cause, provide re-creatable steps and define corrective actions.
- Manage defects and collaborate with team to get fixes scheduled in development cycle.
- Communicate test intent, defects, and acceptance criteria in a concise and relevant manner.
- Test hardware and 3rd party software for integration with internal applications.
- Manage deployment across all environments, from development environments, to test environments, to production. Maintain test/lab environments and server build environments.
- Participate with other team members in requirements gathering, story writing, user acceptance testing, and documentation.
- Ensure Quality Assurance policies are followed. Maintain documentation and participate in audits.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Exploratory testing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Willingness to learn and improve policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Involvement on project teams using Agile methodology
- Basic understanding of Java, C#, HTML, ANT, Sahi/Selenium for testing tool.
- Writing automated tests. Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and ability to write SQL or use tools like QMF to verify results