DataScout has an immediate opening for a full time GIS Specialist in Little Rock or, for highly qualified candidates, Fayetteville, AR. We are looking for an intelligent, motivated professional who likes to take ownership of their work. The candidate should also be result driven, ambitious, organized and articulate. The GIS Specialist will be responsible for carrying out mapping and analysis tasks and projects as assigned by the GIS Project Manager. The successful candidate will work with the mapping team to efficiently complete large scale commercial projects in a timely manner.
Reports To: GIS Project Manager
- Familiarity with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software
- Working knowledge of enterprise geodatabases
- Experience with topological correction
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and project tracking abilities
- Ensure that all tasks are completed to a quality standard, on time, within budget and to specifications
- Have the flexibility to adapt as projects and technology evolve
- Must be self-motivated and be a team player
- Ability to interpret and map legal descriptions
- Understanding of local government, especially the Assessor’s Office
- Experience with python or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with Structured Query Languages (SQL)
- Experience with CAMA software
- 4 year college degree with major coursework in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Work with mapping team to complete large scale commercial projects
- Map geographic data that will primarily consist of parcels, address points, and centerlines.
- Create publication quality maps and reports.
- Perform geographic analysis such as creating market areas or affected zones
- Keep up with technology standards through participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and other similar activities.
Build a Career with DataScout
At DataScout LLC, an Arkansas based information technology firm, we are committed to developing our employees and are passionate about customer service. Since 2007, we have provided our services and expertise to thousands of clients and been told that our product lines have changed the way people do business. Our success can be attributed not only to hard work and excellent customer service, but also our ability to identify and develop strong committed talent.
Our continued growth has created an excellent opportunity for another GIS Specialist. We would like you to continue your career with our team in Little Rock, AR.
- A competitive base salary with performance based annual increases. Initial salary to be determined based on skill level and experience.
- Employees who have excelled at their jobs have been compensated with bonuses at the discretion of the COO/Executive Officers.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), which accrues according to the number of years employed by the company
- A $25,000.00 life insurance policy paid by the company with optional life insurance available
- Eligible for 401K retirement plan participation after one year employment, company percentage match
- Health, dental and vision policies with a percentage of health and dental premiums paid by the company
- Company paid long term disability policy
- Optional short term disability policy