The Accounting Specialist is expected to prepare and maintain reports including cost reports. Reviews reports and revise the report. Performs various departmental accounting responsibilities including accounts payable, reports and audits. Communicates with vendors, and interdepartmental communication.
- Degree in accounting from an accredited college or equivalent.
- 1-year prior experience in accounting preferred.
- 1-year prior experience in payables preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Accounting and PC systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include oral and written communication.
- Effective reading comprehension, writing, mathematical, analytical and speaking skills.
- Strong communication and mathematical skills and good analytical abilities.
- Must be able to type 40+ WPM and be proficient in 10-key.
- The ability to work independently.
- Complete all assignments timely.
- Complete desk reviews and audits as assigned.
- Research questionable and resolve issues.
- Consult with Vendors as required and resolving reimbursement issues.
- Complete special projects or assignments as necessary
- Entering data, running reporting, analyzes and prepares data.
- Performs follow up activities with customer and vendors.
- Maintains reports, audits, and files.
- Communicating in a clear manner, both orally and in writing
- Evaluating processes to identify and implement improvements
- Organizing, coordinating, an executing workflow for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyzing problems and acting to resolve them expediently
- Making decisions based on facts and reporting.
- Relating to people in a positive manner and promoting a positive influence with employees
- Building/maintaining relationships with internal and external customers.