Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.3 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company comprises of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's.
The Dillard’s Application Development team is in search of a dedicated self-starter who has the drive to make a difference in retail by using technology to solve business problems.
All of our Application Development teams are involved with new development along with maintaining and supporting existing applications.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for researching problems, making, testing, and implementing code changes, and then following up to ensure the desired results were achieved
- Develop and maintain applications written in Java on an AIX/WebSphere platform and COBOL on a z/OS (OS/390) platform
- Ensure that all systems and third party integrations are available and functioning properly
- Highly motivated, effective communicator willing to work well in a group environment as well as function independently
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience in Object Oriented programming including back-end and front-end development
- Experience programming in COBOL, CICS, and JCL
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2
- Well-developed testing skills and willingness to use/learn development and testing tools
- The individual should work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly, and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Willingness to travel when needed