We are looking for a Software Technical Support Representative to learn DataScout’s online geospatial applications. This product expert will provide support to DataScout clients, both internally and externally, via email and phone while accurately recording all interactions. In addition they will schedule and perform on-site and remote trainings as needed along with maintaining training materials and guides. This position will be located in our Little Rock, AR office and will require moderate travel primarily throughout Arkansas but also occasionally to adjacent states.
- Learn and maintain a comprehensive technical understanding of pertinent DataScout geospatial applications to be able to quickly resolve any client issues.
- Answer client inquiries and resolve technical and operational issues with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
- Document all client interactions and time using DataScout CRM and time-tracking systems.
- Communicate effectively with Development, Sales, and Customer Relations Teams to ensure resolution of client issues.
- Develop and maintain training materials and guides.
- Schedule and perform on-site presentations, training sessions, seminars, and webinars as needed.
- Test new DataScout solutions and new releases when requested by the Development Team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field.
- Excellent customer service skills including written and verbal communications.
- Strong listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve client issues.
- High degree of interest and curiosity in learning and using geospatial software and solutions.
- Must be a flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who can consistently work and enjoy a fast pace.
- Ability to network with peers and associated business groups.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and thoroughly.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Able to effectively triage simultaneous support and training requests.
- Thoroughly competent with Windows 7 and above including software installation, file management, and Internet access.
- Competency with multiple web browsers, including but not limited to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
- Familiarity with GIS, mapping, or reading legal descriptions would be a major advantage.
- Familiarity or background with county or state government would be a major advantage.
Build a Career with DataScout
At DataScout LLC, an Arkansas based information technology firm, we’re committed to developing our employees and are passionate about customer service. Since 2007, we have provided our services and expertise to thousands of clients and been told that our product lines have changed the way people do business. Our success can be attributed not only to hard work and excellent customer service, but also our ability to identify and develop strong committed talent.
Our continued growth has created an excellent opportunity for a Software Technical Support Representative. We would like you to continue your career with our team in Little Rock, AR.
- A competitive base salary with performance based annual increases.
- Employees who have excelled at their jobs have been compensated with bonuses at the discretion of the COO/Executive Officers.
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO), which accrues according to the number of years employed by the company
- A $25,000.00 life insurance policy paid by the company with optional life insurance available
- Eligible for 401K retirement plan participation after one year employment, company percentage match
- Health, dental and vision policies with a percentage of health and dental premiums paid by the company
- Company paid long term disability policy
- Optional short term disability policy