- Creates and delivers presentations on application solutions to diverse audiences (for example, suppliers, technical staff)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develops associate capabilities
- Leads efforts to increase Information Systems Division (ISD) team effectiveness
- Manages product installation upgrades (for example, Information Systems Division (ISD) application solutions, third-party products)
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participates in team projects
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides complex application solutions
- Supports Information Systems Division (ISD) applications
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years experience in information technology within the past 7 years OR 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience leading a technical team.
- 5 years of development experience in C/C++.
- 5 years of development experience in Java.
- 5 years of development experience in Microsoft .Net.
- 5 years of development experience in business intelligence tools.
- 5 years of development experience in mainframe technologies.
- Professional certification in information technology relevant to the job under consideration (for example, Java, C/C++, mainframe technologies, Microsoft .Net, business intelligence tools).
• Working knowledge of commercial optimization solvers such as CPLEX or Gurobi.
• 3 years’ experience in creating and presenting research findings and recommendations.
• Working knowledge in prototyping mathematical models to meet business problems.
• Working knowledge in testing technologies and models using trial and error and scientific methods.
• Working knowledge of Machine learning (Random forest, boosting, and etc.)
• Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
• Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at Walmart Labs. We’re a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.