Outside Fiber Plant Manager
Little Rock, AR, USA
Fiber Operations / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Outside Fiber Plant Manager is responsible for the management of the Cooperatives' fiber optic outside plant, oversight of construction and design, and ongoing maintenance and operations. This position requires a broad knowledge of outside plant design practices and standards for aerial and underground facilities.
- Manages fiber communication projects and design ranging from campus plant, generating stations, substations, and managing the construction of a statewide transport network.
- Reviews and evaluate potential routes to determine cost, value, and reliability. Summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management.
- Develops construction bid documents, analyze vendor proposals, review contractor recommendations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Monitors all aspects of the project to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project. Make recommendations to management regarding ways to meet project goals and objectives.
- Prepares preliminary cost estimates and route proposals including descriptions of the proposed project and map documents showing the preliminary route that is the basis for the estimate.
- Works closely with Cooperative Members to identify mutual benefit from AECC routes within their territories.
- Manages field engineering, direct field data collection, and coordinate pole loading studies with the Power Production and Delivery Division.
- Identifies and obtain pole attachment agreements and structure access agreements and submit for and obtain permits to facilitate cable placement.
- Identifies permit and easement requirements for city, county, railroads, USACE, and state construction permits and submit for and obtain permits as needed to facilitate cable installation.
- Reads and interprets construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics.
- Coordinates response to emergency maintenance situations by directing internal or contract resources. Document and submit analysis of the cause of the outages for record purposes and to determine responsible parties.
- Reviews preliminary construction prints from engineering and consulting firms and determine potential conflicts. Attend coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Collaborates with the Legal Division assigned attorneys to obtain required agreements, permits and other authorizations as required to allow cable installation.
- Promotes safety to employees and contractors. Observe all safety rules. Maintains a safe working environment by adhering to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field, plus at least 10 years total related experience and/or training, including 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Vacation and sick leave accruals
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.