Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.3 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company comprises of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's.
Dillard’s is looking for an energetic .NET application developer to fill a position on the Store Systems team. This individual will design and implement applications for Dillard's Point of Sale system and maintain and support existing applications and make any necessary changes as new features are requested.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering software to solve the business needs of the retail environment
- Develop and maintain applications primarily written in .NET for specific retail hardware such as Point-of-Sale terminals, printers, mobile hand-held scanners, signature pads, as well as workstations and servers
- Responsible for researching problems, making accurate code changes in a timely manner, testing all changes, creating test scripts, working with a test team, and then following up to ensure the desired results are achieved
- Required to learn the business environment and work closely with users to develop the best possible system for the end-user
- Required to work a schedule driven project list as well as handle interruptions in a timely and effective manner
- Required to take role in on-call duty rotation
- High level of attendance is required as an essential function of this job.
- A minimum of two years of .NET programming experience
- Basic understanding of object-oriented concepts, testing, and design
- Well-developed testing skills and willingness to use/learn development and testing tools
- Willing and capable to work on many different systems and platforms
- Ability to switch between multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, effective communicator willing to work well in a group environment
- Web Services, Windows Services, Mobile Apps, Rich Client Apps
- Unit testing, TFS, DB2, SQL
- Object-Oriented programming experience, Agile/Scrum
- Responsible, timely, professional work ethic, problem solving skills
- Must be able to work with a team of developers