Dillard's, Inc. ranks among the nation's largest fashion apparel, cosmetics and home furnishings retailers with annual sales exceeding $6.3 billion. The Company focuses on delivering maximum fashion and value to its shoppers by offering compelling selections complemented by exceptional customer care. The Company comprises of nearly 300 stores, spanning 29 states, all operating with one name - Dillard's.
The Software Integration and Administration team has an opening for a Software Administrator. Qualified candidates will have a proactive and positive attitude, the ability to think critically, work with iterative projects, as well as have the ability to work well with others. This is a uniquely diverse position that will interface with all areas in technology (across departments and product groups) as well as with the lines of business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between the Infrastructure administration groups and end users of the applications
- Creates complex architecture and business flow diagrams to aid in architecture, problem determination, and integration tasks
- Understands the business impact of IT issues to the direct users of their applications. This includes any integrations with those applications
- Develops relationships with external vendors and internal software administrators ensuring that systems meet corporate quality standards and conform to industry best practices
- Possesses effective communication skills, scripting and automation knowledge, and the ability to analyze systems and determine how these systems can meet client needs
- Meets with clients and understand their needs and translate those into technical requirements
- Coordinates with development teams to identify needs and work with network engineers, system administrators, database administrators, and information security to design application server environments
- Architects and automates business process within the application framework of Dillard’s
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Experience with UNIX, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Good oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exposure to automation tools is helpful.
- Kornshell, BASH, Perl scripting knowledge is also a plus.
- Experience with an iterative software development lifecycle and best practices.
- Experience with LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) or Active Directory
- Experience in application development a plus