Are you an information management professional looking for a change? Dillard’s is looking for an enthusiastic Db2 for z/OS database administrator to join our team.
We support hundreds of databases for applications utilized by all areas of our retail business (Store personnel, Apparel buyers, Fulfillment staff, HR, Accounting, Executives, and much more).
You’ll get the opportunity to work alongside a great group of DBAs, as well as, regularly interact and collaborate with the other IT teams on assignments making a difference for our business.
- Ensure required database resources are available to business users and application programming staff.
- SQL Tuning.
- Provide technical direction to application programming staff.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Logical and Physical modeling and design.
- Work with system programming staff to plan and implement maintenance, upgrades, and migrations.
- Research and planning related to new technologies, application rewrites, and implementation of new applications.
- Data Governance.
- An emphasis on the automation of redundant and repetitive practices.
- Keep abreast of current industry best practices.
- Placement in on-call rotation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- 3+ years of DB2 for z/OS database administration experience.
- Have worked with DB2 for z/OS Version 10 or later.
- Strong SQL language programming and tuning skills.
- Self motivated individual.
- Ability to work well with a group and independently.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Work well under pressure and be able to thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven research skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- DB2 for LUW on Unix/Linux administrator experience.
- DB2 for z/OS Data Sharing experience.
- IBM Change Data Capture or Infosphere Data Replication experience.