The main objective of this position is the successful delivery and support of Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities including super user and end user training for large scale projects. This job enhances and formalizes the OCM methodology, processes, tools, and techniques needed to drive the overall OCM efforts. Key work streams include: communications, project management, business readiness, training preparation, delivery, support, team effectiveness, and super user university.
- Deploy the organizational change management and training methodology for multiple global and regional projects within the IT portfolio.
- Understand how the organizational change management and training methodology aligns with the global project management methodology.
- Implements the OCM best practices established for both waterfall and agile projects.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the business OCM leads and training leads on specific projects.
- Is a strong team coach and developer who enables his/her OCM project team to become self-managed with a strong team spirit. Develops a team that holds each other accountable for high standards.
- Maintain training materials, templates, and forms as required.
- Collaborates with other OCM resources to improve the methodology and tools used throughout Tenneco.
- Become proficient in the uPerform application that supports the overall development and storage of training information for IT systems.
- Provide coaching to uPerform project administrators and authors on use of the tool.
- Review projects for adherence to the OCM and training methodologies.
- Monitor the super user university behavioral and technical certifications. Update the SUU database and tracking mechanisms accordingly.
- Surface and resolve priority conflicts between projects initiated by different SBU’s or plants within the OCM function.
- Provide resource planning and management services for the OCM requirements in the overall Tenneco project portfolio.
- Understands & follows HR processes like objectives setting processes and individual development plan development.
- Professional with the ability to take work and create project plans with clear deadlines and deliverables.
- Working knowledge of business processes. TEN leadership skills. Proven skills with Excel/Word/PowerPoint, decision making, control and follow-up, organizing, and planning.
- Ability to assess resource requirements on a project.
- Possess basic project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and engage with business partners.
- Ability to on-board and manage outside consultants/contractors needed to support OCM project work as required.
- Ability to direct others in remote (foreign country) locations in different time zones.
- Experience managing teams toward successful execution of deliverables and achievement of benefits.
- Well-developed consulting skills demonstrating depth of capability in organizational change management and training management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast changing and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with senior business leaders and to navigate inter-organizational politics.
- Strong people skills, communication and writing skills and associated Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and MS-Project.
- Strong project management experience and skills including deliverables-based work plan design, status reporting, and overall execution against work plan using MS Project.
- 4-yr university degree in Information Technology, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, or related field.
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience in developing and implementing organizational change management and training strategies.
- Experience providing training services in ERP (SAP) system implementation projects. 3+ years of automotive industry experience. 3+ years in organizational change management and training activities including documentation of systems and processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Location Monroe, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular