We’re looking for an innovative, creative, data & technical expert for an entry to mid level Data Science role. This role reports into the Manager of Advanced Analytics and Strategic Testing who leads a team of highly motivated Statistical Data Analysts and Data Scientists. This role provides experience and training that can ultimately lead to promotion to Data Scientist. This is a great opportunity to work with a truly exceptional team in this exciting and ever growing field to shape and create the best shopping and brand experience for Dillard’s customers.
What you’ll do
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations areas to analyze current business trends, problems, and strategies to help provide actionable insights for the business including but not limited to visualizations, predictive/statistical models and business process supportive machine learning processes
- Identify and source data needed to build analytic datasets in support of analysis and modeling activities
- Utilize Machine Learning to detect trends and develop models that will deliver direct business solutions
- Define metrics that will be used to measure and understand existing and new business processes
- Work directly with multiple levels of management to present results and recommendations based on analysis
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to work onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Little Rock, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Management Information Systems, Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, or related field of study
- 2-5 years of experience working with analytic software (e.g., Python, R, SPSS Modeler, Teradata Warehouse Miner) and performing data modeling, data mining, and exploratory data analysis (e.g., linear/logistic regression, ARIMA, Cluster Analysis) - applicable master level coursework and degree can be considered for up to 1 year of experience requirement.
- Strong personal drive and motivation; entrepreneurial and excellent at time management.
- General to advanced SQL knowledge.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced Agile work environment.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, statistical data analysts, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and lead change
- Masters degree or higher in Management Information Systems, Statistical Analysis, Applied Mathematics, or related field of study
- Advanced SQL
- Strong command of statistical scripting/programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Tableau experience
- Cognos experience
- Strong understanding of Retail Business processes and Digital Marketing
- Experience presenting to small and large groups of people