Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll do...
Develops and implements security system designs and products that have high availability and scalability consistent with company needs by assisting Technical Experts and Senior Systems Engineers in:
- Setting technical direction
- Contributing to technology roadmaps
- Identify and Plan methods to maintain/improve the endpoint security capabilities through new technologies or practices.
- Evaluating supplier products
- Making recommendations relative to security products and services
- Understanding the relationship between departmental standards and technical decisions
- Researching and presenting information about new technologies
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and incorporate new technology into existing units through scripting, development, analytics, data modeling/trending, machine learning, and/or integrations with other systems.
- Create/maintain architectural deployment diagrams for backend platforms owned by Endpoint Security, including connections and data flow between Servers, Workstations, Storage, Networking, datacenter, and external cloud where applicable.
- Participating in design reviews
- Ensuring compliance with information technology governance standards.
Leads resolution of security system issues by troubleshooting and diagnosing issues through:
- Ensure system/application health is maintained and visible for the ever growing (approx. 400,000) computer systems through existing, open source, or self-developed automation methods.
- Root cause analysis and steps for issue resolution as it relates to server/workstation-related issues affected by the Endpoint Security software stack
- Identifying trends and taking corrective action to address performance problems
- Creating reports and actionable metrics for security system products
- Providing updates to customers, project leads, and management team on problem resolution status
- Driving supplier participation during problem resolution
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years OR 7 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 10 years.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Design, Programming Languages, Testing Technologies, Vendor Management