Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
Who we are
Digital Acceleration and Walmart Services (#walmartservices) is a fast paced, strategic business unit at the forefront of our digital - physical transformation. We are a diverse team of highly skilled innovators with two primary goals: create a best in class shopping experience for our customers and help them save time and money. As a member of our team, you will have a hand in building tomorrow's Walmart.
To learn more about us, check out this site: https://careers.walmart.com/walmart-services
Who you are
- When you think about customer experience, you don’t bucket those experiences into “digital” vs. “in-store” – you know that today’s customers interact with brands anytime, anywhere. You understand the demands of a tech-savvy customer. You know that they expect brands to anticipate their needs, learn their preferences and deliver a delightful experience every time. Most importantly, you know that a successful product strategy centers on the customer needs.
- Your professional experience is marked by your ability to lead in a creative and ever evolving atmosphere to deliver for your customer.
- You understand the end-to-end user experience, technology systems and integration points of today’s best blended retail consumer experiences.
- Whether you’re finding the closest store relative to your location or using our app to locate an item in your store, you can tell people exactly what it took to make that experience happen.
- You are in your element when you can collaborate with a diverse team from executives to technical professionals to deliver fast, measurable business results.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in an agile environment with numerous teams across the country.
As the Sr. Manager I, Store Maps/Indoor Positioning, you’ll be driving the innovation and execution for Digital Acceleration that redefines the shopping experience for Walmart customers and associates.
Here are some things you’ll do every day
- Exhibit strong project management skills while leading the development of future strategy for Store Maps/Indoor Positioning; manage multiple business plans by partnering with cross-functional teams and identifying customer and operational needs to help formulate the strategy. Work closely with our Digital Acceleration Product and Engineering partners to align on strategies and goals for product development, status, and delivery on key milestones.
- Lead future innovation and implementation of Store Maps/Indoor Positioning by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Partner with needed teams to enhance associate training, customer awareness, retention strategies, and value proposition improvements.
- Motivate teammates and cross functional partners to take an innovative approach when surfacing and developing new ideas to enhance business offerings and performance; identify and align on the analysis, ideas and solutions to explore viability to the business and ensure customer needs are being met across the full spectrum of touchpoints.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in multiple systems across the organization and contribute to product requirements for the continuous improvement of core systems and architecture. Including, but not limited to, partnering with teams across operations, product design, engineering, reporting, marketing, analytics, customer feedback and financials; manage data, analytics and reporting for store maps including financial reporting, usage and store level performance, as well as analysis to identify sales and profit opportunities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- 3 years’ experience in Product or Service development
- 3 years’ experience in Retail
- 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Design, or related field
- 2 years experience working in cross-functional teams
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, or related field and 3 years’ experience in merchandising, operations, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in merchandising, operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Profit and Loss (P&L) Accountability, Statistical Programming Language - Structured Query Language (SQL), Supervising Associates
Masters: Finance, Masters: Statistics