Drive business value through application of advanced analytics and data science. This includes:
• Develop and leverage a consistent framework to identify and prioritize uses cases based on business value
• Apply algorithmic and other analytical models as appropriate to address business use cases
• Identify additional opportunities to further automated decision making based on data
• Coordinate across functional teams of data scientists, analysts, product managers, engineers, and business operators on value delivery
• Identify new commercial opportunities based on insights from Walmart’s data asset; develop products and offerings to drive new revenue streams to address these opportunities
• Develop and implement strategies to attract, develop, and retain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
• Build the data science brand for Walmart in industry and in the academic community
• Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
Ideal Candidate Must-Haves:
• Focus on delivering business value through analytics and data science
• Launch new commercial products and offerings based on data and analytics
• Manage a portfolio of projects through their lifecycle phases to successful completion
• Develop entry and mid-level data scientists and analytics professionals
• Team player with ability to get work done through influence
• Work independently, and be comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Strong communication skills and executive presence
Manager's Preferred Qualifications:
Master of Science and 6 years' analytics and data science experience OR 10 years' analytics and data science experience.
- 3 years' supervisory experience
- Bachelor of Science and 8 years' product management experience OR 12 years' product management experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.